The Liggins are an exceptional family. They spread the great influence of the kingdom of God wherever they go.
Several months ago they decided to begin the process of domestic adoption.
Their info on Facebook can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/FamilyInWaiting/info
Our adoption journey of turning the Liggin family of three into a family of four. Please read “About” for the details to our story.
And so it has begun: we are adopting. And we would be grateful and honored if you would join us in this journey. No doubt it will be a beautiful one, filled with waiting, anticipation, and at times, challenges. But we are ready and with God’s grace, our family-in-waiting of three will turn into a family of four. Follow our story at www.alisonliggin.wordpress.comTHREE WAYS TO WALK WITH US:Obviously this comes at a price. This domestic infant adoption will cost up to $22,500. Our request of you, and we ask both humbly and unashamedly, will you walk with us? There are three ways you can do this:
1. PRAY. Often. I know that this seems like a standard request but we believe that the most important thing we can do is call upon our Heavenly Father to walk with us in Jesus. He knows far greater than us what it means to want His children to come to Him. So we ask that you pray.
2. GIVE – OUR ADOPTION PUZZLE (500 pieces!). We are asking that you help us financially. Every dollar you give will go to this adoption. Here is how the Adoption Puzzle works:
- Individuals, couples, or families can sponsor puzzle pieces for a donation of $25 per piece toward our adoption fund. When you sponsor a piece, we will write your name on the back of the puzzle piece, take a picture of that piece, and email that picture to you (eventually).
- You can either mail us a check for however many pieces you want to sponsor. Mail to:
Williamsburg Christian Church C/O Fred Liggin
200 John Tyler Lane, Williamsburg VA 23185
- Once all of the pieces are sponsored, we will have the puzzle framed in double-sided glass, and it will be hung on the wall in our adopted child’s room. As he/she gets older, we will be able to take the puzzle down, look at the back (since there will be glass on both sides), and show our child the names of all of the people who God used to make a way for him/her to be adopted into our family.
3. SHARE. We ask that you share our story with others. We know that we are not alone, as we know many who are seeking to adopt. Our story is their story too. And greater still, our story is the story of every child waiting for a family-in-waiting. The expense of adoption makes it hard for one family to do this alone. Sharing can make adoption a reality for others if they know that help will be found a long the way.
Thank you. For all you have already done in the way of support, and all you will do.
WHY BETHANY CHRISTIAN SERVICES:
As we explored our options both for state and private infant adoption process, we felt that the Bethany Christian Services was a wise choice. They have been reaching out to both children and birth parents who are alone and vulnerable for over 65 years. Here are a brief list of reasons why we chose Bethany Christian Services:
- The expense was comparable to a state adoption as well as other private options.
- The process will be monitored and secure for both the adoptive parents (us) and birth parents.
- They will not only walk with us throughout the adoption (and the next 18 years) but the birth parents as well, offering on-going professional counseling before, during and after the adoption.